We've worked in large and small organizations, built teams, launched and grown ventures, sold technology solutions around the world, invested in start-ups and energy projects, succeeded and failed, learned to move fast, and collected many lasting relationships along the way. We aim to bring intensity, energy and hard-earned wisdom to every project, investment and venture we pursue.
- Business development lead for Local Motion at Series A funding (Andreessen Horowitz)
- Co-founder of Clean Vehicle Solutions, natural gas vehicles and fueling infrastructure
- Co-founder of LimoGreen, alternative fuel vehicle corporate transportation services
- Co-founder, Mystique Brands, consumer products spin-out from Royal Wine Corp.
- Private-equity advisor and merchant banker, boutique firms in San Francisco and NY
- Project manager, the Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Columbia Business School MBA and Johns Hopkins Civil Engineer
- Organized sustainable transportation events for Columbia Alumni Association
- Panelist at various clean-tech industry events, judge of venture competitions, mentor to several start-up incubators.
Robert has deep experience in the software, IT, and electronic commerce industries, having served in key roles with both early stage ventures and large multi-national businesses. His domain knowledge and contacts include key international markets of China, India and Latin America. Robert has held senior roles with MeetChina.com, an internet-era web portal that raised $42 million in venture capital, and TCS (Tata Consulting Services), a leading Indian IT outsourcing provider. Rob began his career in the financial services industry with American International Group, CNA Financial Corp, and Jardine Matheson Group, each leading providers in their industries.
Robert has traveled and conducted business operations in China, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, among others. He speaks Mandarin Chinese and Spanish and holds a B.A. from Colby College.
- Steven co-founded several technology companies, held senior positions in leading software and systems organizations, and helped raise over $50 million in investment capital
- Founder of Silicon Impact, business development, marketing, and strategy firm
- Co-founder of Altum Wealth Advisors, financial planning and wealth management firm
- General Manager of Spin Transfer Technologies, semiconductor memory company
- Co-founder of Embedded Internet Solutions, software provider for cable, satellite, and wireless communications
- Co-founder Silicon Access, semiconductor intellectual property company
- BE in Electrical Engineering from the State University of New York at Stony Brook
- MBA in Finance & Investments from Adelphi University
- Advanced coursework at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley